This last week we went on vacation to Cozumel Mexico with my parents and for part of the time my brother Blake. The weather was mostly sunny and beautiful all week. We had so much fun and there is so much that we did in just one short week that it will be hard to write about all of it without making this post super long. So I will bullet some of the things we did each day and include some of my favorite pictures from the vacation. There are even more pictures on my camera and my mom’s camera that I could share too but these are just a few from my phone.
- 2am wake up -couldn’t sleep any longer
- 2:15am -COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE
- 3am wake Liam -he wasn’t happy about it
- 3am head to the airport
- 6am flight -Liam slept most of it -yay!
- Arrive at our resort at 12 -find out check in isn’t until 3!
- Change into our swim suits and jump in the pool
- Spend the rest of the day poolside and checking out the resort
- Joe, Dad, and Blake head into town to check out the grocery store.
- Coffee and gym -yummy mint chlorophyll water provided
- We spent our morning poolside until Liam’s nap
- Poolside during Liam’s nap -thank goodness for monitors!
- All the staff and guests loved Liam
- We taught Liam to say “hola” -so dang cute
- Packer game -they had it going in one of the lounge areas and there were a lot of packer fans
- I committed to a night out with my brother Blake and it was great. We went to karaoke and spent a lot of time chatting
- Beautiful sunrise -we are on the sunset side of the ocean so it was cool to see the sunrise through the trees
- Breakfast outside with an ocean view -beautiful -we walked the beach after -Liam was not a fan of the sand.
- Poolside all day!
- Joe, dad, and Blake went snorkeling
- Liam enjoyed a non-alcoholic pina colada -loved it
- We watched an amazing sunset
- Market in the lobby -mom and I bartered for some rings—it was crazy
- Caribbean dancers -mom and I were able to catch a glimpse of the show waiting for our rings
- Liam finally sleeps in and is more in routine
- Coffee and Gym
- Joe and I were able to have breakfast together while my parents took Liam
- Poolside while Liam takes a long nap
- Floatie park with Blake and Joe (mom and Liam watched, dad was scuba diving) -definitely got a sinus rinse when Blake slipped and took me down with him haha! so much salt water!
- Beautiful sunset
- Dinner at el Patio which was the Mexican restaurant at the resort -very good
- Last morning for Blake -heading home
- Another pool day (spent a lot of time by the pool because that is where our monitor reached and Liam hated the sand haha)
- Tried to take Liam swimming in the ocean -he wasn’t having any of that.
- After bedtime we played cards with my parents on our balcony -it was so nice and fun
- Coffee and exercise again! (wanted to stay kind of in routine)
- Joe and I enjoyed the adult only breakfast restaurant again while my parents watched Liam
- Pool day again -Liam finally enjoyed the water again and had fun swimming
- Liam had a rough nap -could be all the sugar the grandparents pumped into him while we were at breakfast hahaha!
- Another amazing sunset
- Fire show -we thought Liam would love it but it scared him a little -poor guy
- We tried to play cards again but it started to sprinkle so we called it a night
- Our final full day
- We had coffee and did our final adults only breakfast while my parents watched Liam
- Pool all day! We called it fry-day Friday because we all wanted to get as much sun as possible
- There was a wedding at our resort so we watched a little of that -so pretty
- One final beautiful sunset
- It was Mexican night at the resort so they had a Mexican buffet that was really good and then later a Mexican show that my parents saw a little of
- Cards again with the parents after Liam went to bed
- One last breakfast with our ocean view table
- Pack and leave the resort at 9am
- Flight at 11:55am
- Land at MSP around 3pm and Blake picked us up around 3:30
- We stopped at Jersey Mike’s to pick up subs and ate them once we got to my parent’s house
- Picked up Marley
- Home before 6pm —time to relax
We had such a wonderful vacation. The weather was amazing, Liam did so well, and we were able to enjoy our time together as a family. It was hard to leave but it felt so good to be home!