I found a super yummy recipe on Pinterest that I made for thanksgiving that I have to share! It is super easy to make and doesn’t take too many ingredients. It was a huge hit at my thanksgiving and was requested that I bring it to Christmas as well!
- 1 pound fresh (or frozen) cranberries, washed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Serrano pepper (more if you like spicy, less if not)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3/4-1 cup pomegranate arils or seeds (reserve a few for garnish)
- finely chopped fresh basil for garnish
- cream cheese (low fat, softened)
- crackers of your choice
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and Serrano pepper in a food processor (I removed the seeds from the pepper first)
- Pulse on and off several times until the cranberries are coarsely chopped. Don’t over-process.
- Add basil and pulse a few more times. Not too much, you want the basil bits to be visible in the relish.
- Transfer to a storage container and add pomegranate arils.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until ready to use.
- Place cream cheese on a serving dish and spoon relish over the top until desired amount is covering the cream cheese.
- Garnish with extra pomegranate and basil on top.
- Enjoy over your choice of cracker.
**I advise halving the relish ingredients because I ended up with lots of leftovers.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did. It is bursting with so much flavor that it is hard to stop eating it once you have started. ENJOY!
This recipe was adapted from: Andrea Tabler at Tabler Party of Two