So last night Joe had a hankering for some fried chicken. We are trying to be healthier these days so I found a recipe that I thought seemed pretty healthy for fried food and would satisfy his craving. It ended up being super yummy and easy to make so I wanted to share the recipe.
I have to be completely honest…I didn’t measure anything so if you choose to make this recipe just use your best judgement. Also, you could do without any of the ingredients below other than olive oil and bread crumbs. Feel free to change it up to add different flavors.
- olive oil
- bread crumbs
- garlic salt (or powder we just didn’t have any)
- pinch of salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Make sure your chicken breasts are either thinly sliced or pounded thin before doing anything. If chicken breasts are too thick the breading will burn before the chick is cooked all the way through. We thinly sliced our chicken and even had some pieces small enough to look like chicken nuggets once cooked.
- Fill one bowl with a little olive oil and one bowl with all other ingredients.
- Drizzle olive oil into frying pan. You will want enough to cover the bottom. Heat the pan on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. While this heats you can do step 4.
- Dip chicken into olive oil. Then immediately dip into bread crumb mixture. Make sure all areas of the chicken are coated. (I place dipped chicken on a plate until all were dipped and ready to be cooked).
- Place in heated pan.
- Cooking time depends on thickness of chicken and temperature of the oil. Since our chicken was very thinkly sliced I did about 2 minutes on each side. For the smaller chicken nugget pieces I did about 1 minute each side.
- Place on plate with paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
It really is a simple recipe. We enjoyed our chicken dipped in BBQ sauce. It was also good with honey mustard and ketchup. The whole process took maybe 15 minutes total. We will definitely be making this again.