When Liam first started eating solids I had a hard time thinking of different foods to give him. When I found this recipe I was super excited because it is healthy, easy, quick and perfect for baby!
Liam loved them so much! He couldn’t get enough. I try to make them any chance I get ripe bananas now.
Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins for Baby
makes 9-12 muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breast milk or formula
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- blend all ingredients in a high powered blender
- line muffin pan with cupcake lines or coat lightly with coconut oil
- pour muffin batter into muffin pan
- bake 10-12 minutes
- allow to cool completely before serving
- store extra muffins in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze for future use
I used cupcake liners when baking these muffins. Some of the batter did stick to the liner so it may be worth it to try coating the pan with coconut oil instead. I didn’t freeze any because Liam would go through them pretty quickly. Also when I made this recipe the first time it made 9 and the muffins were decent size however I wanted them a little smaller so I split it into 12 the next time and that was perfect for Liam.
Also I did cut them into bite size pieces for him. It was easier for him to eat it when it was cut up.
I hope your baby enjoys these muffins as much as Liam did and does!